Saturday 2 March 2013

Coconut Ice

 This is probably the nicest, sweetest homemade candy recipe I have ever made:). I made it from my great, great, great grandmother's recipe book. This is the recipe:

  • 1 cup of liquid (Half water, half milk)
  • 4 cups of sugar
  • 400g coconut shavings
  • Red food colouring
 Put the liquids sugar and half of the coconut into a saucepan and heat it up on a hob. After the consistency is thin, put in the rest of the coconut and take of the heat. Wait for it to become room temperature and pour half into a greased or lined tin. Add food colouring to the left over half and evenly spread over the uncoloured half. Leave to set over night. When it is set, cut into cubes and it is ready!
 

I really like the sweetness of this coconut ice and I will making it lots more in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment