Saturday 2 March 2013

Christmas Cake

 For the festive season, I was put in charge of making the Christmas cake. It was simple to make and very tasty! :)

 The recipe I used was: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/traditionalchristmas_14567

 For decoration I used:
  • Marzipan
  • White fondant
  • Green fondant
  • Red fondant
I simply iced the cake with a layer of mazipan then white fondant and smoothed it down with my hands for an even finish. Then using a picture from google images I cut out some holly leaves from the green fondat and set them in place with a little water. Finally I rolled some tiny berries from the red fondant and again fixed them in place with a tiny amount of water. This was the final product:
 

I really liked the final design and hope to do more cake decoration like this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment